Cellulite is best defined as fat deposits underneath the skin. It can make the skin look lumpy and dimpled, which frankly isn’t the best sight. Contrary to what many believe, cellulite is not a singular problem of obese people. It is related to collagen deficiency, and therefore, you can get cellulite, regardless of your age and body type. However, women are more likely to get it than men. So, can you eliminate cellulite completely? No, but it’s possible to reduce it. In this post, we have 5 tips that will come handy for dealing with dimpled skin around the thighs and buttocks.
- The first most important tip is related to lifestyle. Cellulite is caused or triggered by reasons like fad dieting, poor nutrition, lack of exercise and dehydration, and most of these contributing factors can be managed. Understand the possible issues in your regular lifestyle before considering other options.
- Start with a clean diet. There’s a reason why most health experts and professionals like Shellie Brian are promoting unprocessed and natural diet. If you follow fitness blogs, you will hear of terms like “super foods”, because these are packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other nutrients. Go for berries, cucumbers, fresh fruits like mango, papaya, along with green veggies that can promote collagen production.
- Stop making excuses to avoid exercise. No matter how busy you are, you need one hour of physical activity each day, and you will see a difference. It doesn’t necessarily mean losing weight. If you are lean and still have cellulite, you will have to do a few stretching and functional exercises to reduce that orange-peel appearance of the skin.
- Stay hydrated. Your body needs at least three to four liters of water each day. You don’t like sipping water all the time, go for green tea, which is packed with antioxidants. Also, you can try Aloe Vera juice, which is one of the best super drinks for reducing cellulite. By hydration, we surely don’t mean alcohol, sodas and aerated drinks.
- Finally, change the way you take life. Of course, there are gels, scrubs and wraps that help with cellulite, but for long term benefits, you have to follow a healthy lifestyle. Avoid stress to the best extent, quit smoking, increase the consumption of Vitamin C, and sleep for at least 8 hours each day.
With a little more effort, you can feel better and your skin will look better without cellulite!